File photo of people queuing for BRT

The operator of the Lagos Bus Rapid Transit (BRT), Primero Transport Services Ltd. said that its services will resume on Friday.

This development followed talks with the Lagos State Government over the withdrawal of its services.

Earlier, the BRT operator had withdrawn its services over losses due to COVID-19 new transport guidelines that mandated it to commute only 20 passengers per trip instead of 70.

Several BRT users had been complaining about this development since last week when the news broke out and since Monday when the buses were withdrawn.


Giving an update on the withdrawal of services, Mr Fola Tinubu, BRT Managing Director, said that the management felt the pains of commuters in the state.

“I withdrew all the buses since Monday because we cannot continue at 20 passengers for 70 capacity buses without an increase in fares. The losses, we are piling up, were just too much and threatening.

“Primero should be back in full operations tomorrow (Friday) because we are talking to the Lagos State Government and all issues will be resolved today.

“I am sorry for the inconveniences and distress this withdrawal of services has caused the teeming commuters in Lagos who rely on BRT services since Monday.

“I assure everybody that Primero will be back in full operations tomorrow and we will put 320 buses out to make sure people get to where they are going in a fast and safe way,” Tinubu said.