Ex-Italy international, Paolo Maldini and his son Daniel have tested positive for Coronavirus.
Italy is the worst hit by Coronavirus, burying a record 793 people on Saturday, taking the tally of the dead to world’s largest 4,825.
Maldini has thus joined ex-fooballers and current football stars who have contracted the deadly disease.
Maldini is considered as a club legend at AC Milan after making 902 appearances for the Serie A giants over the course of 25 seasons, while 18-year-old Daniel has recently broken into the first-team, The UK Mirror reports.
Milan have reassured supporters that both men are doing well, however, and they are expected to make a full recovery.
A statement from Milan said Maldini, the club’s technical director, became aware of contact with a person who subsequently tested positive for Coronavirus and began to display symptoms of the virus himself.
It said he was administered with a swab test on Friday and that the result was positive, adding that his son, Daniel, a forward in AC Milan’s youth team who had previously been training with the first-team, also tested positive.
The statement said Paolo and Daniel were both well and had already completed two weeks at home without contact with others.
According to the statement, they would now remain in quarantine until clinically recovered, as per the medical protocols outlined by the health authorities.