The Ogun State Chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has released the names of consensus candidates in all elective political positions for the 2019 elections.
In a statement issued by the State Publicity Secretary of the party, Chief Wole Elegbede, the list consisted of consensus candidates that will fly the flag of the party in various elective positions in the 2019 general elections.
The political positions on the list are those of governorship, deputy governorship, three senatorial positions and nine House of Representative seats.
The list of the 26 State House of Assembly seats will be released later.
However, the party has not foreclosed the possibility of direct primaries in constituencies where consensus fails.
The release said the conduct of the consensus primary, which was done in an open and transparent manner, demonstrated the party’s belief in the tenets of democracy.
1. Mr. Abdulkabir Adekunle Akinlade- governorship candidate
2. Mrs. Adepeju Adebajo- deputy governorship candidate
1. Ogun Central Senatorial District- Senator Ibikunle Amosun
2. Ogun East Senatorial District- Senator Lekan Mustapha
3. Ogun West Senatorial District- Chief Tolu Odebiyi
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES
1. Egbado North/Imeko Afon Federal Constituency- Rt. Hon. Suraj Adekunbi
2. Ado Odo/Ota federal Constituency- Mr. Rotimi Rahman
3. Ewekoro/Ifo Federal Constituency- Mr. Adeleke Adewolu
4. Ijebu North/Ijebu East/Ogun Waterside- Mr. Biyi Ismail
5. Egbado South/Ipokia- Mr. Biyi Otegbeye
6. Abeokuta North/Obafemi-Owode/Odeda- Hon. Mikail Kazeem
7. Abeokuta South- Engr. Lanre Edun
8. Ijebu Ode/Odogbolu/Ijebu North East- Mr. Kolapo Korede Osunsanya
9. Ikenne/Sagamu/Remo North- Mrs Adewunmi Onanuga
Meanwhile the governor has dashed the hope of other candidates like Hon. Afolabi Afuape for Abeokuta South by replacing him with Engr. Lantern Edun, Hon. Yinka Mafe for Ikenne/Sagamu/Remo North by replacing him with Mrs Adewunmi Onanuga.