The trial of Senate President Bukola Saraki, earlier postponed from April 18 to April 25 has again been postponed till the 27 April.
Saraki is facing trial on an 18-count charge for alleged false declaration of asset at the Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT.
The trial which began in September 2015 has in recent times suffered setbacks mostly at the instance of the prosecution.
Shortly before the previously adjourned date of April 18, the Code of Conduct Tribunal issued a statement saying that the matter was postponed following a request by the prosecution.
CCT‘s head of media relations, Ibrahim Alhassan, told media houses that the prosecution counsel, Rotimi Jacobs, demanded the adjournment saying that he was indisposed.
“The first time, he said it is his fourth prosecution witness that could not make it. Now it is himself,” said Mr. Alhassan.
Mr. Saraki had at the initial stage of his trial fought to prevent the continuation of his trial. However, this recent postponement might just be another one of the usual gimmicks to stall the eventuality if the trial.