Dominique Sorain, the administrator of French Island La Reunion, said on Friday that the search for more debris of the crashed Malaysian aircraft MH370 will continue till August 17.
“If no significant debris linked to MH370 plane were found by Monday, then we will move to a phase of heightened surveillance,” Sorain said.
He said that debris related to the ill-fated plane were not found under the sea after 35 hours of combined search by a CASA search plane owned by the French army and three helicopters.
Sorain, however, stated that some debris discovered by the police on land had been handed over to investigators.
Captain Jacques Luthaud of the French armed forces said the search conducted in the southern territory did not lead to the discovery of debris of the plane.
Flight MH370 disappeared on March 8, 2014 en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing with 239 people on board, most of them Chinese.