Fire Engulfs Governor’s Residence

Part of the official residence of the Kaduna state governor was this morning gutted by fire.

P.M.NEWS gathered that the fire started at about 9 a.m. while the governor, Ibrahim Yakowa, was getting set for work.

According to the Senior Special Assistant on Media to the governor, Reuben Buhari, the fire was caused by an electrical fault as a result of power fluctuation.

He also said immediately it was noticed, the governor’s family ran out of the house.

As at the time of this report, the fire was being put out.

He said the governor and his family members were not hurt and that the governor had already gone to his office for the day’s work.

—Adi Femi/Kaduna 

More from PM NEWS