PM News Nigeria


Army confirms death of 2 suicide bombers  print

Published on December 22, 2012 by   ·   2 Comments

Nigeria’s Joint Security Task Force has confirmed the deaths of two suicide bombers who attacked Airtel and MTN Telecommunications offices in Kano metropolis on Saturday.

The Airtel regional office is located at the popular Malam Kato Square, near the Main branch of a bank while the MTN office is situated at Maimalari road in Bompai area.

The JTF spokesman, Capt. Ikedichi Iweha confirmed the death of the bombers to newsmen in Kano on Saturday.

Iweha said the first bomber who went to Airtel office succeeded in detonating the bomb which led to the destruction of the office.

He said that only the operator of the company’s generator set was injured in the attack which took place at about 8.45 a.m.

“With the exception of the two bombers, nobody else died in the two coordinated incidents,’’ Iweha said.

Iweha said the bomber who went to the MTN office was intercepted by security operatives before he could gain entry into the premises at about 8.50 a.m, adding that he died in the blast instantly.

“The quick response of the troops around the place averted the destruction of the office but the wall fence was touched in the coordinated attack.’’

He said that security had been beefed up around the two areas with a view to enhancing security.

However, an eyewitness said that “we just heard the loud sound of the explosion at the Airtel office around 8.35 a.m. and immediately after the blast the place was engulfed in flames.’’

Following the incident, traders around the area quickly locked their shops and ran for safety.

Members of the JTF have cordoned off the areas.

No group has yet claimed responsibility for the bombing.

print
Posted by on December 22, 2012, 3:48 pm. Filed under Metro, National, News. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. Both comments and pings are currently closed.

2 Comments for “Army confirms death of 2 suicide bombers”

  1. Truesage Idowu

    The declaration of a full blown state of emergency, the stoppage of oil allocation to none oil producing states even in the southern part of the country, withdrawal of Certificate of Occupancy of all properties of northerners in the southern part of the country temporarily and the acquisition of such properties by government of southern Nigeria will put a stop to all these madness.
    All hausa-fulani markets all over southern Nigeria must also be banned. These traders and bureau de change operators of Northern extraction, Suya sellers, meat sellers, tomato, pepper, beans sellers, truck pushers, herdsmen and even civil servants i.e. Police, military, navy and airforce must all return to the north temporarily until peace is reached.

  2. emeka

    All Hausas are butchers and killers. All Igbos must return home and leave the North immediately. I suggest that we should quickly start a new struggle to achieve Biafra. We will take the entire south south with us. Let Yarubas and their Hausa brothers remain in Nigeria. They are birds of the same feather.

Comments are closed

Log in | Designed by Gabfire themes